Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day Late.

After being in a rom-com watching streak, and after doing some Facebook picture back tracking, and after back tracking Dailybooth, I finally mustered up a different kind of mood other than hot, sweaty, lazy, and bored; which resulted in writing in this blog. I'm in the writing kind of mood now, which is good because I should probably start on my little 400-word write up for September's issue (how wonderful, I won't even be here).

I missed church today. I fell asleep at 5 in the morning while talking depressing things with my summer roommate in the dark, and my alarm went off two hours later to get ready.

Snooze.

Some other messages on my phone went off (which sleeps next to my head every night). And then, rise and shine by 11AM. But I already knew I was going to miss church.

I'm really looking forward to going back home. Before, it didn't matter much to me. I think now that I have this opportunity, I'm grateful for it. And thinking about it now, I really need it. I need to be there for my family for the remainder of the summer.

You Versus The Sea. That DLD song always gets to me when it's night. Or Birthday Gallery. I just remembered what conclusion I came to about my favorite band: they've vanished into thin air. Too lazy to really do what Kenny Choi says he'll do, and too absorbed in the simplicities of life. No more tours. No more traveling in vans. No more pit stops for fast food at 3AM. No more 5'2" Asian fan girls.
I would stop if I were him too, especially if I started at 15.

So DLD put me in this mood, and so did looking at old pictures. Right now, I have this really sharp feeling in my chest because I realized that I had a lot of things I wanted to say to Joyce. A lot of things I wish I had said and done before she left us behind. I just wished she would have known what I would say before she left. Maybe it wasn't as cliche as "I love you" (because it unfortunately wasn't-- not because I don't love her, but just because I'm not an affectionate person and I rarely say "I love you" in the first place. Isn't that a good thing in a way?), but it was definitely along the lines of "I really appreciate you and I didn't know how much I meant to you." It didn't hit me how much she loved our high school group. It didn't hit me how fond she was of me until I got a personal email from her roommate when it happened. "She used to talk about you a lot," she wrote. That was my heart's cue to finally release some emotional pain.

I was gonna ask her too, when she came to Denver, to teach me how she did her hair all crazy like in her Dailybooth picture. That was seriously nuts!