Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bingo.

GOODY. I can tell you all about my first Yelp Elite experience.

Well first off, yes, I am still an intern. I feel like people are getting confused as to whether or not I am here purely just to play or to put some stuff on my resume. So, yes, today I went to the office. And it was a long day (what more is there to say?).
 Oooo. So attractive.

Hm. It's funny how big his nose is, but how small his nostrils are.

I get many complaints about how I never smile.

So, I bought this dress my senior year of high school. This is my fourth time wearing it (which is a lot). But every time I wear it, I look like a little kid. So I'm giving it away or cutting it up or selling it for some rip-off price at Buffalo. Whichever offer entices me first is the winner.

Oh. I just realized I didn't tell you what the event was.
It was a wine tasting event at a bar called Indulge. We got to sample (a bit too many) of a red wine, Sea Mist white wine (which was delicious, and we were the first people ever to taste this wine), and a whiskey that tastes like "cream soda" (said this one lady). Sure. It tasted like cream. But not cream soda. I felt like gagging just smelling it so I took a half-sip and let it sit on the table. We also devoured all their appetizers.
Btw, "Mark" is of age. Stephen is not. Mark is Stephen's roommate.

Yeup. A little girl holding a glass of wine.

We met tons of people. Crazy cool dudes and dudettes. Many +1's. Many veteran Yelpers. One woman said the LA Elite events are MUCH different from the Denver ones because LA has like 500 people and no such thing as mingling. We played bingo and didn't win anything. We were definitely the youngest of the bunch by maybe 5-10 years. I expected that.


My Yelp breath mints.


As a side note (which is actually pretty exciting), the Denver Elite director or whatever (who looks like a rad girl and all but you can't help but wonder how she loves Yelp more than I do and then decided she really wanted to take the position to be head of all Elite Yelpers in the area) notified me saying congrats on being on this week's newsletter as a Top Yelper. I had no idea what she was talking about until I actually opened the newsletter and saw my picture.

Well wattaya know! One month of Yelping in Denver gives me so much recognition-- they love me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this post makes me miss London even more. All this stuff happened to me in London too :( at a slower pace cause I Yelped really slowly, but stillllll I miss Yelping in a small city. She's right, there's no mingling in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh! congrats elizabeth!! this night look like so much fun! LOL at the comment about stephen's nose...i really like his shirt though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. christal: i kinda like the non mingling. that's my anti social side speaking.

    jackie: hahaha jackie, i suggest you try yelping. it's addicting!

    ReplyDelete