Saturday, July 9, 2011

Long Walks And Morning Miseries.





We didn't sleep after we got back from Bardo last night. So we went out for "breakfast" at Common Grounds (which is this highly reviewed Denver coffee joint that actually isn't all that great). It was absolutely miserable trying to go about the day normally. By the time we got ready, I didn't even want to go out anymore. I just wanted to sleep. Yet again, I am reminded that all-nighters are stupid and this is why I don't believe in them.

Once I miserably got back to my bed from Common Grounds, I knocked out for four hours. 
We then proceeded to venture out to the Highlands (about a 40 minute walk) in the rain/sun. We ended up walking 20 more minutes to get to a Burger King. Steph doesn't really let me eat fast food so this was basically my first time eating it because we were dying of hunger.
Walked back and stopped by Little Man's (ice cream) and had some intelligent, thought-provoking conversations regarding sexuality and relationships (my favorite topic)-- for the amateurs that we are.
On our journey back, we stopped by Vitamin Cottage (a wholly organic mini market. Think Henry's Farmer's Market in Rancho), then read a little at Tattered Cover. I started Haruki Murakami's Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman. I'm taking a break from the intellectual world so that I can be mentally prepared for The Story of Stuff, but I might just stop these short stories to start his other novels that I'm more interested in. It was just a tester.
Honestly, this day was full of aimless walking. We had no real reasons to walk all the way over there.

Finally, I'm home and I think I'm going to watch a movie before I go to bed early. I've been feeling black-and-white lately, so the past two days I've rewatched my favorite b&w's: The Shop Around The Corner and Roman Holiday. Trust me, you will not be disappointed by the good looks of the cast. Gregory Peck and James Stewart are the most handsome and good looking men of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment