Monday, July 25, 2011

Long Live Mathemathics.

Frustrating day as hell at the office today. I thought my days of numbers and statistics were over, but even at a magazine office as an editorial intern, I need to use my phone as a calculator and think about percentages and decimals. I hate math. More than a lot of things (among them being science, Anne Hathaway, and coconuts). I had to tally up surveys and kept getting the numbers wrong because idiots (all men, by the way) pressed submit twice or didn't enter what label they would categorize themselves (hipster, skater, prep, hippie/pothead).

After doing that for hours, I was emailed four separate emails, each containing at least 20 documents of past articles where I had to look for restaurants and chef names. No "thank you" from the Ed-in-chief at the end of the day too. She was so annoying today! I'm not starting my period soon am I? No. I'm not. I'm not PMSing.
Oh well, this is my last week in the office forever.

To reward myself of my mathematical frustrations, I had an iced coffee. Why does coffee just make you feel better? It was partly the lack of sleep last night too, that made coffee sound like heaven. I was restless. Maybe because it was too hot, or maybe because I was remorseful of my unexpected actions.

Can't believe I am going home this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. did you find anything interesting????

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing in particular, except that half of the men like using vulgar and inappropriate pick up lines.

    i don't know how you staticians do it!

    ReplyDelete