Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home Stretch.

IT'S OVER!

I've completed my last day as an editorial intern at 303 Magazine! My mission here in Denver is complete. Well, if you don't count the post-internship congratulatory shindigs which begin TONIGHT (calmly and discreetly, of course).

I'd like to thank God, the Academy, and my omnipresent patience for my editor's demands, needs, wants, and redundant parables.

Okay, but in all seriousness, I'd really like to thank God, for choosing this path for me. My parents for allowing me to come here and support me and being cool with me living with a boy for 2.5 months. The friends who have supported me and have encouraged me and monetarily helped me out from the start, including Stephen, where the big Thanks goes out to. In this manner, I'd like to complete my appreciative entry. If I go on any longer, it'll only turn out cheesy instead of lovely and tear-jerking.

It has certainly been the most interesting summer of my 21 years of life and living..for many, many different and unique reasons.
When you live with the opposite sex, your best friend, and personal photographer, there is much to experience first-hand with and without the everyday problems that one naturally comes across.
When you work for fashion-heavy magazine when you're not interested in fashion yourself, you learn to dislike the industry. (Which, by the way, reminds me, what's up with the EIC being so nonchalant about me leaving? Nicole, our graphic designer, was more emotional than her. Maybe it has to do with Nicole being a wife and mother and Laura being a single, bossy, affectionately immature woman. That's me in the future).
When you become obsessed with a newfound online medium/social forum (also known as Yelp), you soon realize that you don't want to become a freak. So, reviews will be published to a minimum once summer is over (that is, when free Elite events are no longer in the area).
And when your close friend decides to leave the world filled with pain and sorrow without anyone's awareness, that no one is to blame, and all there is left to do is to keep on living.

So I leave for California on Saturday morning. My agenda for the rest of my stay here is as follows:
>Thursday- any last requests/must-do's in Denver; my farewell/thank you dinner at Steuben's with (hopefully) everyone I've basically met here and their plus one's; and my third and last time at Tracks to end the night.
>Friday- PERHAPS a friend from home is making a pit stop here in Denver. If so, hang time. At night, my last Elite event is at Beauty Bar-- a retro future dance party (dress like Barbarella or the Jetsons), free manicures, free Rubio's, and free cocktails (great way to end with a bang, huh?); and Aggie informed us of a street fashion show held at Suite 200 around the same time. We probably won't attend that one.
>Saturday 5AM- head to DIA for my flight to LAX.

As you can see, this ain't the last of the Mile High just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment